Top 10 Best Air Purifiers for Home – Buyer’s Guide
With the increase in factories and many other reasons, we don’t get to breathe in pure air. Today, we are back with another review on some of the best air purifiers for home. Here you can find different air purifier brands available to help make your air smoke-free in the home.
The standard air purifier does not offer you smoke-free air and does not remove the odour of smoke as well. As smoke is a minute particle, the average air purifier only removes up to three microns, and smoke is as small as 0.7 microns.
The majority of air purifiers remove small particles from the air but on the other hand, it does not perform well in removing smoke. We have made a list on some of the products as follow.
- LEVOIT Air Purifier with HEPA Filter
- Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier with UV Light Sanitizer
- Coway AP-1512HH Air Purifier with Eco Mode
- OION Four-in-One HEPA Air Purifier
- BLUEAIR Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier with Washable Pre-Filter
- Rabbit Air MinusA2 Air Purifier
- Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier
- Alen BreatheSmart 75i Air Purifier
- Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier
- Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 – Best HEPA Air Purifier
- List of Air Purifiers for Home
- Air Purifiers Reviewed
- 1. LEVOIT Air Purifier with HEPA Filter
- 2. Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier with UV Light Sanitizer
- 3. Coway AP-1512HH Air Purifier with Eco Mode
- 4. OION Four-in-One HEPA Air Purifier
- 5. BLUEAIR Blue Pure 411 Air Purifier with Washable Pre-Filter
- 6. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Air Purifier
- 7. Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier
- 8. Alen BreatheSmart 75i Air Purifier
- 9. Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier
- 10. Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 – Best HEPA Air Purifier
- WHAT ARE THE TIPS TO USE/HANDLE AIR PURIFIERS?
List of Air Purifiers for Home
Let’s dive into the more detailed part!
Air Purifiers Reviewed
Starting with this air purifier by LEVOIT which has a steady airflow to cover up nearly up to 219 sq. feet. It is equipped with a HEPA filter with washable pre-filter. The replacement filter idea makes it unique to get best performance.
Talking about the suction power, it can capture particles up to three microns. A sleep mode has also been provided by the company to avoid extra power usage. Don’t make much noise!
Energy Star Certified and complies with CARB. Turn the display light off if you don’t want any distraction.
Breathe in clean air at home with this Germ Guardian HEPA Filter Air Purifier which also has an UV Light Sanitizer. You are going to get a 4 in 1 design to remove germs, smoke, dust and more with the HEPA filter.
UV Light is present to kill viruses and works with titanium dioxide. While comparing it with the number 1 in our list, this model purifies the air in a room up to 167 square feet. Activated charcoal filter is also equipped to reduce odour.
However, it is completely lightweight even after a 22-inches tall length. You might need to replace the filter after eight months and the UV light bulb lasts up to an year.
Look at that awesome design. Does it really look like an air purifier? With the smoke air purifier from Coway, you can keep the air clean in an area up to 361 square feet. You can place it in middle-sized spaces with a compact design and offer multiple stages of filtration.
You get a HEPA filter and come with a filter change indicator and multiple speeds and modes. Furthermore, you can see the air quality displayed in real-time with the coloured LED lights.
An auto mode adjusts the fan speed to reduce particles and has a timer to set the unit for as long as needed to purify the air. The device works with a four-stage filtration system so you can feel assured it would keep the air in your home clean.
We have reached to the number 4 in our list. Here we have a smoke air purifier in a sleek package with HEPA filter and UV-C light. Just like other purifiers, you will get a pre-filter, HEPA filter and a carbon filter to remove odour.
To eliminate viruses in the air, Oion company has provided the built-in UV-C sterilizer with on/off function. Furthermore, the fan works quietly and has a sleep timer for convenience.
While reviewing this product, we found a very interesting feature which is filter change indicator. Most of the companies don’t provide such things. Don’t worry about energy usage even if you use it on multiple fan speed. An ETL certified product.
This user-friendly design offers you comfort to select up to three fan speeds for removing pollutants and odour in the air. You get a three-stage filtration system with a washable pre-filter. We have reached the number 5 in our list.
The device delivers a range of 105 cubic feet per minute to clean the air in an area of 161 square feet. This kind of device is good to be used in small rooms. It has two different coloured pre-filters.
Furthermore, it has an activated carbon filter to remove odours and filters from all sides at low noise. You will be getting clean air in every corner of your room due to 360 degree air inlet.
6. Rabbit Air MinusA2 Air Purifier
- Coway Airmega 400S is designed to accommodate large room sizes up to 1, 560 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter – combined activated carbon and True HEPA filter – captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces more than 99% of volatile organic compounds and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. It also includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality testing in real-time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day.
- Coway Airmega has five fan modes: Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium and High. The noise level is nearly silent at lower speeds and the max noise it creates at the highest setting is 43. 2 dB.
- Smart mode with three settings, Coway Airmega smart air purifier adapts to its surroundings. Fan speed automatically adjusts based on the room's air quality and lighting conditions to improve air quality.
7. Levoit LV-H132 Air Purifier
- A higher grade of HEPA - H13 Filters (higher rated than True HEPA) 99.9% particle removal.
- Cleans a room up to 1,600 sq ft in one hour, 840 sq ft in 30 minutes, 420 sq ft in 15 minutes (CADR 330)
- To make V2.0 quieter in 'Sleep Mode' and Speed 1 the ionizer is automatically turned off, on speed 2 and 3 it can be turned on/off as needed | CARB & ETL certified.
- Tempered Glass panel (like your cell phone, easy to clean, won't scratch like cheap plastic models), sleep and 3 fan speeds, 8 hr timer, night mode, child lock
- Genuine Medify Replacement Filter: B07MTQFFNT, 110 Volt units, USA registered Lifetime Warranty
8. Alen BreatheSmart 75i Air Purifier
- RECOMMENDED FOR: Dust, dander, allergens, pet fur, and odors. Perfect for large rooms, offices, schools and open spaces
- B7-PURE FILTER: Standard filter that helps eliminate asthma and allergy triggers
- TRUE HEPA: Includes a Medical Grade H13 True HEPA layer that captures 99.99% bacteria, aerosolized viruses, and airborne particles larger than 0.1 micron. True HEPA filters last 3-5 months longer than standard filters.
- 5 AIR QUALITY COLORS: A Laser Smart Sensor detects airborne particles and auto-adjusts with air quality changes. Blue = Excellent, Green = Good, Orange = Fair, Red = Poor, Purple = Bad air quality (high levels of particles)
- QUIETLY POWERFUL: Cleans 1300 SqFt every 30 minutes and eliminates airborne pollutants fast. Perfectly tuned to generate soothing pink noise - a frequency to help you sleep up to better
9. Dyson Pure Cool Link Air Purifier
No products found.
10. Pure Enrichment PureZone 3-in-1 – Best HEPA Air Purifier
- 3-STAGE AIR PURIFICATION: Clean and sanitize your air from 99.97% of dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke, and household odors. Stage 1: Pre-filter; Stage 2: Activated carbon filter; Stage 3: True HEPA filter.
- BUILT-IN UV-C LIGHT: Adds a deeper level of air sanitation by destroying illness-causing microorganisms with up to 98.3% effectiveness
- 100% OZONE FREE: To help keep you safe from lung-related illnesses caused by ionizers or ozone generators, PureZone is 100% ozone-free
- ENERGY-EFFICIENT & EASY TO USE: Touch-button technology allows you to choose between 3 fan speeds and 3 timer settings to save energy or run continuously
- WHAT YOU GET: 3-in-1 air purifier, 3-in-1 filter, UV-C light bulb, and Pure Enrichment’s guaranteed 5-Year Warranty. Our customer support team provides daily quality service and peace of mind to millions worldwide all from a brand you can trust.
We can’t change your mind set if you have already made a final decision. Read and keep this point with yourself while here are some helpful tips for you to help make your decision a bit easier!
Find an Air Purifier Labeled for Smoke and Odour Removal – Most air purifiers are not able to remove smoke or odour, so it is essential to read if it can achieve this. While removing smoke needs a filter to remove up to 0.7 microns.
Area Size – It’s all upto the area in the last. You need to keep the area in which you are going to place the air purifier for your home.
HEPA Filter – The filter traps up to 0.3 microns and is capable of filtering the air leaving it fresh and clean to breathe. Some of the filtration systems provided with the air purifier can be a three-stage, four-stage, to five-stage. It’s all about your health. Never compromise!
If you are interested in five-stage filtration, than here are few things for you – Cold Catalyst Filter(removes large particles from air), Ionizer filter to neutralise odour and particles. HEPA Filter is a must. Activated Carbon Filter and Antibacterial filter to filter out and kill germs and bacteria in the air.
WHAT ARE THE TIPS TO USE/HANDLE AIR PURIFIERS?
Here are some tips to get the most out of your air purifier:
- Place it in the right location in the right direction especially if your room is large.
- Change the filters regularly. Though, some air purifiers have a built-in notification to alert you about the changing date of the filter. While some others don’t. So, take care of it. Else you will be breathing in dirty air.
- Operate it when you are indoors. Don’t keep it on when you leave the house. Else the filters would get out of order soon. However, if you live in a metro city, it’s recommended to run it for 24 hours.
- Close the doors and windows while using it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Air purifiers are highly recommended machines by doctors for people prone to asthma, allergies and other breathing problems. The truth is it makes you healthier and keeps you away from diseases caused by dust, pollen, smoke, and other unpleasant pollutants.
Yes, it’s safe to use an air purifier while sleeping. In fact, air purifiers are designed to work in sleep mode with reduced fan speed. As a result, the noise level also goes down during sleep mode. And, fresh air gives a night of better sleep.
We hope that our review and buyer’s guide will help you in making a final decision on getting an air purifier for home. The majority of the devices on the list work with a HEPA filter that can remove smoke and odour present in the home with ease.
AllBoutReview is always here to help our readers in order to save money. Choose the product with honest review!
Last update on 2021-06-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API