Top 10 Best Baby Car Seats – Buyer’s Guide
There is a general belief that a Baby Car Seats is a luxury item for foreigners. However, this is not necessarily the truth since these products are popular in the market too. Make no mistake; these are vital investments every parent should have to enhance the overall safety of the baby while on the wheel.
Studies reveal that a baby car seat can save your baby’s life in case of an accident. It’s safer than when you’re holding the baby on your lap. Typically, it offers the best protection and ensures your baby is safe.
Despite the different types of seats, the market has all manner of products. As such, it can be difficult to decide the best choice that will meet your needs. Due to the overwhelming choices, we’ve narrowed down the options to ease your selection process.
- List of Baby Car Seats
List of Baby Car Seats
We spend a lot of time in researching about these products. AllBoutReview.com provides the best solution to our readers.
Top Rated Infant Car Seats
- Easiest to install with ReclineSure leveling, RideRight bubble levels, and SuperCinch LATCH tightener
- Removable newborn head and body support
- 5-point harness with one-pull tightener
- Compatible with Chicco strollers for travel system use
- Care & Cleaning: Machine Wash
- SnugLock Technology provides a hassle-free 3-step car-seat installation using vehicle seat belt or LATCH
- An excellent first car seat: Grows with and helps protect rear-facing infants from 4 to 35 lb and up to 32 inches
- 1-Hand Adjust handle: Adjust infant car seat handle with 1 hand, leaving other hand free
- Silent Shade Canopy: Easily and quietly adjust the shade without disturbing baby
- InRight LATCH and manual storage: Convenient compartment stores both the 1-second InRight LATCH connectors and manual when not in use
- SnugFit performance helps protect rear-facing infants from 4-35 lb and up to 32"
- Anti-Rebound Bar provides an additional layer of rear-facing safety
- Headrest and harness adjust together while your child is in the seat with the front-adjust No-Rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness System
- 4-position adjustable base offers 4 recline positions, providing the right position for proper installation
- Infant head and body supports offer a comfortable fit for smaller infants
- SnugLock Technology features a hassle-free 3-step installation using vehicle seat belt or LATCH
- Grows with and helps protect rear-facing infants from 4 to 35 lb and up to 32", making it an excellent first car seat for baby
- Adjust handle with one hand, leaving other hand free
- SafetyCore frontal crash absorption zone absorbs crash forces in the event of a crash
- In Right LATCH system for a one-second LATCH attachment and convenient storage compartment for when not in use
- Install base in seconds with RAPIDLOCK belt-tensioning technology
- Integrated SecureStop Anti-Rebound Bar provides an added layer of safety
- 4-position car seat base adjusts for a level installation
- Dual bubble level indicators provide confidence in a level installation
- Push-button LATCH installation
- Compatible with baby trend infant car seat 22/30/32/35 lbs. This base is not compatible with Ally 35 Baby Trend infant car seats, it is style CB79B100A
- Integrated latch system, with easy "push-on" compact latch connectors, built-in latch connector storage
- Four recline positions
- Built-in belt lock-off for installing with vehicle belts
- Push-button release latch connectors and adjuster allow for quick, easy vehicle-to-vehicle transfer
- Only takes a simple installation for an accurate and secure fit
- Fits the KeyFit and KeyFit 30 infant car seats
- ReclineSure leveling foot gives you the proper base angle for your seat
- RideRight bubble level-indicators help you find the right base angle
- SuperCinch LATCH tightener gives your seat a secure fit
- Narrow design saves space
- All-in-one car seat offers 3 ways to ride for children 5-100 lbs.: rear-facing, forward-facing harness, and booster car seat
- SecureStopTM Anti-Rebound Bar provides a 45% reduction in rearward movement of the car seat during a frontal collision using the FMVSS 213 crash pulse (anti-rebound bar should be used rear-facing only)
- 10-position adjustable headrest moves together with the harness to accommodate your growing child, no rethreading required
- Convertible car seat installs easily using push-button LATCH
- Fully-featured lightweight stroller weighs less than 15 lb, perfect for adventures on the go
- Includes the Graco SnugRide 35 Lite Infant Car Seat, rear-facing from 4-35 lb and up to 32"
- Parent's tray with cup holders and storage keeps your essentials nearby
- Child’s belly bar with cup holder to keep baby satisfied while strolling
- Stroller easily folds down in one-step into a compact fold for on-the-go convenience
- Designed to deliver premier child fit and comfort at each unique stage, Fit4 makes it easy to correctly secure your child from birth through big kid booster for ultimate comfort, convenience and peace of mind as your baby grows to age ten.
- 4-Stage FitKit System provides optimal fit and comfort through multi-staged construction and easy-to-remove layers, providing more room to grow through each unique stage
- Easiest all-in-one car seat to install correctly, thanks to Chicco-exclusive installation features including ReclineSure leveling system, RideRight bubble levels, force-multiplying SuperCinch LATCH tightener and LockSure belt-tightening system
- DuoGuard side-impact protection offers 2 layers of protection with a steel-reinforced frame and EPS energy-absorbing foam that surround the head and torso, while a best-in-class 10-position headrest accommodates maximum growth
- As your child grows, scan the QR Code on the side of the car seat or visit Fit4Stages.com for quick and easy stage transition instructions – online help from Chicco there to help guide you every step of the way
What are Baby Car Seats?
Babies (Due to their size) cannot use the regular seat belt that comes standard with all cars. These seat belts are designed to protect adults. With increasing traffic and road rage, It has now become a must to have a car seat for your child to keep him/her safe during your travels.
These seats are specially designed to keep babies and kids comfortable as well as safe in your car. You will need to select the right product for you baby as per her/his height and weight.
Why you might want an infant car seat?
You’ll want an infant car seat if:
- You don’t own a car or will often be traveling with baby in cars that aren’t your own. Infant car seats can usually be installed more easily than a convertible car seat.
- The main seat of your stroller has a minimum weight or age requirement. Some strollers aren’t suitable for newborns without a compatible infant car seat, particularly jogging strollers and those without a seat that can lay entirely flat.
- You plan to move your child from the car to the stroller on a regular basis. Many infant car seats can be clipped into compatible full-size strollers, so you can go from car to stroller without unbuckling baby.
How to Choose the Right Baby Car Seat – Buying Guide?
Choosing the right one always depends on your requirements. We have provided a checkout list with a detailed information below. Reading it helps you understand which suits you best.
1. Types of car seats as per age
Basically, there are 3 types of car seats – infant, convertible and booster. A detailed description of each type is presented below.
- Infant car seat:
It is the most preferred types of baby car seats among the parents. It is also referred as rear facing seat as it can only be used for rear facing. If your baby is one year to fifteen months, you can opt for infant car seat. They provide enough protection from newborns to toddlers weighing up to 18kgs. It comes with a removable carrier that should be connected to the base installed in the car.
- Convertible car seat:
As the name suggests, this one can be used as rear facing and front facing. It should be used as rear facing for children below 1 year and 8 kg of weight. And once the baby crosses 1 year age, it can be used as front facing until they weight 20 kg or more. It has a higher rear-facing weight limit so baby can travel more in rear-facing than in front facing – which is the safest option for children as per American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Booster car seat:
This type of car seat is used for children who outgrow the height and weight limits of front-facing harness. Booster raises height of the seat so the seat belt fits correctly to the child over the sternum to the center of the collarbone and also to across the upper thighs. They are available in two types – backless and high back. High back models provide better side impact than backless one. But backless ones are portable and simple to install.
2. Harness Types
Harness is an important factor as ensures safety and protection of the baby. There are two types of harness – 5 point and 3 point.
- 5-Point Harness – It comes with 2 shoulder straps, 2 waist straps and 1 between-the-point harness that hold the baby in place securely.
- 3-Point Harness -This attaches to the seat only at 3 points – 2 shoulder straps and 1 between-the-legs strap.
3. Side-impact protection
Protection of the baby in car is not limited to front impact. Protection from side is equally important as bumpy roads make the baby in side directions. Make sure the baby car seat has this important feature.
4. Car Seat Suitability
Well, if the baby car seat you purchase doesn’t fit your car then all the investment goes in vain. Every car seat is different – some may fit well in small cars while some others may fit in large ones.
5. Easy Installation
Make sure the manufacturer provides a detailed installation guide. Without which it is very difficult to understand how to use or change it from one car to another.
Check the padding of the infant car seat. Make sure it provides enough head support. These factors are important providing a comfortable drive to your baby, no matter how long or short it can be.
7. Easy to Clean
Well, moms already are well aware of the fact that babies are quite messy. That is the reason – make sure the infant car seat is washable or at least if the cover can be removed for washing.
Last update on 2021-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API