There is a general belief that a Baby Car Seats is a luxury item for foreigners. However, this is not necessarily the truth since these products are popular in the market too. Make no mistake; these are vital investments every parent should have to enhance the overall safety of the baby while on the wheel.
Studies reveal that a baby car seat can save your baby’s life in case of an accident. It’s safer than when you’re holding the baby on your lap. Typically, it offers the best protection and ensures your baby is safe.
Despite the different types of seats, the market has all manner of products. As such, it can be difficult to decide the best choice that will meet your needs. Due to the overwhelming choices, we’ve narrowed down the options to ease your selection process.
- List of Baby Car Seats
List of Baby Car Seats
We spend a lot of time in researching about these products. AllBoutReview.com provides the best solution to our readers.
Top Rated Infant Car Seats
- 3-in-1 car seat grows with your child from rear-facing harness (5-40 pounds) to forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds)
- Slim design with dual integrated cup holders that rotate away, making the seat 10% slimmer to save valuable back seat space
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered: A combination of the most rigorous crash tests that helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear & rollover crashes
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Choose the perfect headrest height from 10 positions to get the safest fit for your child as they grow
- Stroller designed for children up to 50 pounds and up to 42"
- Dual front wheels for superior maneuverability
- Large canopy with peek-a-boo window and large storage basket
- Height-adjustable handle and covered parent tray is great for mom and dad
- Swing-away child's tray with snack/cup holders
- Large bicycle tires roll effortlessly over all surfaces
- Convenient Parent Tray with 2 Cupholders
- Front Swivel Wheel for easy maneuvering, locks for jogging
- Reclining Padded Seat with 5 point harness, tether, large canopy and storage basket
- Easy Compact Fold for Storage or Travel
- Built to grow: The 3 in 1 car seat built to grow for extended use through 3 stages: Rear facing 5 to 40 pounds, forward facing 22 to 65 pounds, and belt positioning booster 40 to 100 pounds
- Side impact protection: The grow and go’s side impact protection helps keep your child safe
- Easy in, easy out: Harness holders keep the harness in an open position so it is easy to get your child in and out of the seat. Rear facing height is 19 to 40 inches. Forward facing height is 29 to 52 inches
- Quickfit harness: With the quickfit harness you can easily adjust both the harness and headrest in one simple step
- Wash and dry: Machine washable and dryer safe seat pad features snaps that make it simple to take off of the seat; No fuss for truly easy cleaning
- 3-in-1 harness booster helps protect your child, from toddler to youth
- Grows with your child from forward-facing harness (22-65 pounds) to highback booster (40-100 pounds) to backless booster (40-100 pounds) to continue to meet industry standards, we have increased the weight minimum from 30 to 40 pounds
- No-rethread simply safe adjust harness system allows the headrest and harness to adjust together in one motion
- Lightweight, portable seat is ideal for busy, active parents
- One-hand, 8-position adjustable headrest grows with your child
- Easiest to install with Recline Sure levelling foot, Ride Right bubble levels, and Super Cinch LATCH tightened
- Designed for travel system use with compatible Chicco strollers (sold separately)
- Removable new-born head and body supports
- 5-point harness with easy-pull tightened
- 4-in-1 car seat gives you 10 years of use: seamlessly transforms from rear-facing harness car seat (4-40 pounds ), to forward-facing harness car seat (22-65 pounds), to highback belt-positioning booster (40-100 pounds ), to backless belt-positioning booster (40-120 pounds )
- Graco ProtectPlus Engineered helps to protect your little one in frontal, side, rear and rollover crashes.
- Simply Safe Adjust Harness System adjusts the height of your harness and headrest to 10 positions in one motion to ensure that your child is always properly secured
- 6-position recline helps keep your growing child comfy on your many journeys together
- The Graco exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides an easy, one-second attachment with an audible click to help ensure secure installation
- SnugLock Technology: Installs in less than one minute using vehicle seat belt or LATCH
- Helps protect rear-facing infants from 4-35 lb and up to 32"
- Adjustable base with 4 recline positions lets you customize fit to your vehicle
- Easy-to-read level indicator helps eliminate guesswork from the installation process, so you can feel confident it’s installed correctly
- One-step secure attachment to Graco car seat bases and strollers to create a travel system
- Give your baby a safe and secure fit for travel with this Latch-equipped Safety 1st car seat that fits infants from four pounds to toddlers of 35 pounds in rear-facing mode
- Featuring ultra-lightweight construction using next-generation engineering, this easy-to-carry seat includes side-impact protection. Head and body inserts give newborns added comfort and support
- Adjust your child's fit in the seat with four harness heights, spaced for a better fit whether your child is tiny or tall. Adjust the harness with a single pull for a secure fit
- When travel takes you away from home, this seat is ready to use on an aircraft. Compatible with any quickclick-equipped stroller, the seat attaches with one simple click
- Easy to clean, the seat pad removes easily and is ready to go into the washing machine and dryer
- 1.EXTRA WIDE CRYSTAL CLEAR REFLECTION AND 360 DEGREE ADJUSTABLE: Full 360 degree easily pivot to your desired viewing angle, it allows EXTRA WIDE CRYSTAL CLEAR REFLECTION AND 360 DEGREE ADJUSTABLE: Full 360 degree easily pivot to your desired viewing angle, it allows you to keep your lovely baby in sight and look good after him or her all the time to keep your lovely baby in sight and look good after him or her all the time.
- 2.SAFETY CERTIFIED and CRASH TESTED: Design of Shatterproof Acrylic Glass, strongly tied up by heavy duty straps,full rotation with hinge, in the event of a Crash or Accident you can make sure of your baby's safety.
- 3.EASY TO TIGHTEN STRAPS: Easy straps to your moveable headrest and give you an unbreakable 360 degree swivel travel.
- 4.FITS MOST CARS, TRUCKS, VANS SUVs AND ANY PLACE OF BACK SEAT. Provides you perfect view.
- 5.SHYNERK BABY MIRROR: If you find anything wrong with your baby mirror, do not hesitate to let us know and we will take care of it. Your pleasure is paramount.
What are Baby Car Seats?
Babies (Due to their size) cannot use the regular seat belt that comes standard with all cars. These seat belts are designed to protect adults. With increasing traffic and road rage, It has now become a must to have a car seat for your child to keep him/her safe during your travels.
These seats are specially designed to keep babies and kids comfortable as well as safe in your car. You will need to select the right product for you baby as per her/his height and weight.
Why you might want an infant car seat?
You’ll want an infant car seat if:
- You don’t own a car or will often be traveling with baby in cars that aren’t your own. Infant car seats can usually be installed more easily than a convertible car seat.
- The main seat of your stroller has a minimum weight or age requirement. Some strollers aren’t suitable for newborns without a compatible infant car seat, particularly jogging strollers and those without a seat that can lay entirely flat.
- You plan to move your child from the car to the stroller on a regular basis. Many infant car seats can be clipped into compatible full-size strollers, so you can go from car to stroller without unbuckling baby.
How to Choose the Right Baby Car Seat – Buying Guide?
Choosing the right one always depends on your requirements. We have provided a checkout list with a detailed information below. Reading it helps you understand which suits you best.
1. Types of car seats as per age
Basically, there are 3 types of car seats – infant, convertible and booster. A detailed description of each type is presented below.
- Infant car seat:
It is the most preferred types of baby car seats among the parents. It is also referred as rear facing seat as it can only be used for rear facing. If your baby is one year to fifteen months, you can opt for infant car seat. They provide enough protection from newborns to toddlers weighing up to 18kgs. It comes with a removable carrier that should be connected to the base installed in the car.
- Convertible car seat:
As the name suggests, this one can be used as rear facing and front facing. It should be used as rear facing for children below 1 year and 8 kg of weight. And once the baby crosses 1 year age, it can be used as front facing until they weight 20 kg or more. It has a higher rear-facing weight limit so baby can travel more in rear-facing than in front facing – which is the safest option for children as per American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Booster car seat:
This type of car seat is used for children who outgrow the height and weight limits of front-facing harness. Booster raises height of the seat so the seat belt fits correctly to the child over the sternum to the center of the collarbone and also to across the upper thighs. They are available in two types – backless and high back. High back models provide better side impact than backless one. But backless ones are portable and simple to install.
2. Harness Types
Harness is an important factor as ensures safety and protection of the baby. There are two types of harness – 5 point and 3 point.
- 5-Point Harness – It comes with 2 shoulder straps, 2 waist straps and 1 between-the-point harness that hold the baby in place securely.
- 3-Point Harness -This attaches to the seat only at 3 points – 2 shoulder straps and 1 between-the-legs strap.
3. Side-impact protection
Protection of the baby in car is not limited to front impact. Protection from side is equally important as bumpy roads make the baby in side directions. Make sure the baby car seat has this important feature.
4. Car Seat Suitability
Well, if the baby car seat you purchase doesn’t fit your car then all the investment goes in vain. Every car seat is different – some may fit well in small cars while some others may fit in large ones.
5. Easy Installation
Make sure the manufacturer provides a detailed installation guide. Without which it is very difficult to understand how to use or change it from one car to another.
Check the padding of the infant car seat. Make sure it provides enough head support. These factors are important providing a comfortable drive to your baby, no matter how long or short it can be.
7. Easy to Clean
Well, moms already are well aware of the fact that babies are quite messy. That is the reason – make sure the infant car seat is washable or at least if the cover can be removed for washing.
Last update on 2021-03-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API