Having a Dutch ovens is not only for the master chef but for the amateur cook as well. The cookware is an essential part of every kitchen and makes serving meals a breeze.
We at AllBoutReview tries to provide the most honest & valuable information to our readers. Like other kitchen stuff, this one is also required. You can take all your leftovers to make soup, or use it for baking bread, doing roasting, and braising meat, pizzas, and more.
Here, we have compiled a list of best dutch ovens under $100 for you to go through. Online shopping with reviews is now easy with us.
- List of Best Dutch Ovens Under 100 USD
- Dutch Ovens Reviewed
- 1. Lodge 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 2. AmazonBasics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven
- 3. Bruntmor 2 In 1 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven Set
- 4. Crock Pot Artisan Oval Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 5. Bayou Classic Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Feet
- 6. Camp Chef Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 7. Uno Casa Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid
- 8. Texsport Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Legs
- 9. Lodge EC1D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 10. Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 2 In 1 Multi Cooker
- Dutch Ovens Reviewed
List of Best Dutch Ovens Under 100 USD
Let’s dive right into the reviews of these products to make your selection process a bit easy.
Dutch Ovens Reviewed
1. Lodge 5 Quart Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 5 Quart Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven. A classic cooker that doesn't quit, the Lodge Cast Iron Dutch Oven is a classic that's great for preparing and serving memorable meals. Pre-seasoned and ready to go.
- SEASONED COOKWARE. A good seasoning makes all the difference. Lodge seasons its cookware with 100% vegetable oil; no synthetic coatings or chemicals. The more you use your iron, the better the seasoning will get.
- MADE IN THE USA. Lodge has been making cast iron cookware in South Pittsburg, Tennessee (pop. 3,300) since 1896. With over 120 years of experience, their cast iron is known for its high quality design, lifetime durability, and cooking versatility.
- MAKE EVERY MEAL A MEMORY. Lodge knows that cooking is about more than just the food; it’s about the memories.
- FAMILY-OWNED. Lodge is more than just a business; it’s a family. The Lodge family founded the company in 1896, and they still own it today. From environmental responsibility to community development, their heads and hearts are rooted in America.
2. AmazonBasics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Dutch Oven
- Cast iron covered dutch oven in blue with side handles and fitted lid; oven safe to 400 degree Fahrenheit
- Cast iron for even heat distribution and retention; enamel doesn't have non-stick function; hand wash only
- Always use hot-pads, oven mitts, or potholders while moving or removing cast iron cookware on or from the stove or oven
- Holds 6 quarts
3. Bruntmor 2 In 1 Cast Iron Double Dutch Oven Set
- 5-quart pre-seasoned heavy duty cast iron dutch oven and casserole with a lid that doubles down as a skillet
- Sturdy, integrated side handles on base and lid for secure transport and handling
- Oven safe, hand wash recommended, unparalleled in heat retention and even heating
- Included domed iron cover adds versatility and space for roasts
- Perfect for oven-to-table presentations of soups, stews, beans, or any family favorite
4. Crock Pot Artisan Oval Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- The original slow cooker distributes and retains heat evenly and has generous sized handles
- Cast Iron with a non-stick surface
- Perfect for Cooking Serving and Storing
- Sturdy and mSelf-basting lid creates a continuous basting environmentoveable
- Large handles make it easy to carry
5. Bayou Classic Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Feet
- Cast Iron 8.5 Qt Dutch Oven With Feet
- Transfers & Retains Heat Evenly
- Preseasoned For A Smoother Finish
- Breakfast, Pan, Fry, Saute, Bake
- Do Not Place In Dishwasher
6. Camp Chef Seasoned Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- Grand Canyon National Park Commemorative Edition
- True Seasoned Finish cast iron Dutch oven with Built-in thermometer notch
- Lid with legs can be used as a skillet/griddle
- Dutch Oven Lid Lifter INCLUDED - lifts lid and bail (Model 400035) and Includes Dutch Oven starter booklet with seasoning tips
- Total Volume: 11 7/8 Qt
7. Uno Casa Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Lid
- 🖤 SATIN BLACK ENAMEL - No need to season this large Dutch Oven, which features a gorgeous, high-quality satin black enamel. Grill, sear and fry your favorite dishes at the highest of temperatures and know that this pot can handle anything you cook in it.
- 💦 RAINFALL EFFECT IMPROVES TASTE - Don’t be scared of the spikes on the lid! These bumps act as self-basting skewers that trap and release all the mouth-watering flavor your food releases. Keep your meats juicy and flavorful and your vegetables seasoned to perfection with a pot that does the hard work for you.
- 🥘 LARGE SIZE - This heavy-duty dutch oven is capable of holding up to a full 6 quarts! Host your next office party or family reunion and serve up beef stew, baked potato soup, fresh tomato sauce, or a whole roasted chicken. This pot can handle it.
- 👌 HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS - Nothing’s cheaply made here. Both the interior satin black enamel and the exterior red enamel are chip-resistant and boast an easy-grip, stainless steel, oven-safe knob, so you can cook confidently knowing that your Dutch Oven will thrive even after years of use.
- ⭐ BONUS ACCESSORIES - When is a pot not just a pot? When it also comes with a silicone mat and pot holders to protect your hands and countertops from burns. They can handle the heat up to 450°F.
8. Texsport Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Legs
- 4 Qt. (1 Gallon) Capacity with legs, Great for cooking outdoors over charcoal
- Rugged cast iron has great heat distribution and retention for slow and even cooking
- Tight fitting lid keeps foods moist, and wire handle ensures easy lifting
- Easy to clean surface, Hand wash with stiff brush and hot water
- Great for campfire or fireplace cooking
9. Lodge EC1D43 Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven
- 1.5-Quart capacity
- Stainless steel knob
- Hand washing recommended
- Porcelain enamel interior and exterior
- Self-basting cover with handle traps in heat, moisture and nutrients
10. Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron 2 In 1 Multi Cooker
- PRECISION HEAT DISTRIBUTION – This cast iron skillet and dutch oven has a smooth finish to help provide even heat distribution for improved cooking and frying, even on grills, stoves or induction cooktops.
- TRUE COOKING VERSATILITY – The Cuisinel 2-In-1 Multi Cooker can be used for frying, baking, grilling, broiling, braising, and sautéing meats, vegetables and more!
- SUPERIOR CRAFTSMANSHIP – Each dutch oven and skillet is crafted with seasoned cast iron that can outlast years of regular cooking and washing for long-term reliability.
- EASY TO CLEAN & MAINTAIN – Cast iron cookware should be hand washed with warm water and restored with natural oils; that means no soap or dishwasher use.
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Go on, fire up your Cuisinel cookware. If anything happens, it's on us. In additional to Amazon's seamless 30-day money back guarantee, Cuisinel Cast Iron guarantees the quality and durability of all its products for a lifetime, so you can be assured that you are making the right choice and there is no risk to you.
Besides its cooking capacity and the material being used, a few other things should also be considered before buying a Dutch oven. Dutch ovens are not only suitable for indoors but also perfect for outdoor activities like barbeques and camping, so buy the one that perfectly suits your needs.
Thick walls – A Dutch oven must have even walls covering every side with the good quality cast and a smooth surface on the inside. Go for the aluminium one if you are an outdoorsy person and a cast iron one if you are planning to use it at home.
Size – Dutch ovens are measured based on their capacities. It ranges from two quarts to 12 quarts. So the oven should be chosen based on how many people it’ll cook food for.
Shape – There are ideal shapes of pots based on the food you are cooking. The round one is optimum for stews, casseroles, and soups, etc. Whereas if you want to cook meat, fish, poultry or foods that would require a large oven, then go for the oval shaped ones.
Lid and handles – It is an essential feature of a Dutch oven as a tightly fitted lid keep food from drying out during cooking, and the top handle should be firmly attached and should either be made of metal or silicon to avoid any mishap.
Feet – A really important feature when choosing a Dutch oven, feet allow the oven to sit smoothly over the heat source. For outdoor activities, feet allow to set the pot on hot coals and on the flat surface like oven or stove, helps place it evenly.
How do you plan to use the Dutch Oven?
When buying a Dutch oven, it all comes down to how you plan to use it. The pot presents you with versatility, but if you plan to use it over an open fire, we recommend you choose a cast iron model instead of an enameled one.
Furthermore, if you want versatility, prevent buying one with feet, as it will be challenging to use it inside the oven or on top of the stovetop. For using over open fires, it helps to have a lid with a wire handle making it comfortable to lift the cover as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
As most of us know, cast iron is thick, and water should be 100 levels to boil, so if the temperature within your Dutch oven is not permitted to get any greater than 97 levels, quite honestly, you’ll never get it to boil water. However, the simple response to can you boil water in a toaster is obviously, yes!
Enamel cast iron cookware is safe and healthy to use. Unlike bare cast iron, such utensils do not interact with your meals, which means that you can cook any food inside them, such as tomatoes and other acidic foods.
The big reason why dutch ovens are so popular is that you can make just about anything in them. You can even make desserts like fruit cobblers and cake. Many dutch ovens, especially the ones meant for use over a campfire, have special lids which you can turn it over and use as a skillet to make eggs, bacon, and pancakes.
Dutch ovens are probably the most durable piece of cookware you could own. Nearly all of them are meant to last 15-20 years because they’re so thick and heavy-duty.
Last update on 2021-03-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API