Best Knife For Cutting Meat in 2020 – Buyer’s Guide
If you are active in the kitchen or a professional chef, you probably know how important it is to have the right knife for the task in question to be successful. That is, the best bread knife to slice bread or the best knife for cutting meat.
Using the appropriate meat knife does not just help you finish the task perfectly, but it also saves you time, effort, and money. With the right meat knife by your side, you will glide through steaks like through butter and trim fine briskets with minimal effort.
Moreover, with a good meat knife, you will no longer get lost in the meat of the large game, but it will feel natural and easy.
Thanks to meat knives, you will create amazing slices and cuts from different types of meats, including turkey, ham, roast, salmon, brisket, and pork loin.
So, how to make the best decision and purchase the ideal meat-cutting knife for you? Check out our review to find out!
List of Best Knifes for Cutting Meat
- IMPECCABLE PERFORMANCE: The long, ultra sharp blade is engineered to deliver highly precise cuts with minimal effort.
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGN, SUPERB QUALITY: Most desirable length by professionals. Sharp blade with premium stainless steel engineered to excel on all cuts of meats, including big roasts. It is also designed to last.
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: Provides well-balanced weight distribution and secure grip to make you safe and comfortable. Fits perfectly in your hand.
- VERSATILE: This 11” slicing knife works well with different types of meat. Long enough to cut through brisket, pork loins, turkey, ham, smoked salmon and roast. It can also be used to slice fruits and vegetables.
- TOP PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE: We're confident you'll find the knife amazing, delivering enjoyable feel to each cut. But if you're not happy for whatever reason, simply return it for a FULL REFUND.
- Perfect for Meats & breads: Easily carves through everything from meats, breads and tomatoes to crafting foam for DIY projects; it's also a great turkey carving knife on Thanksgiving.
- Stainless steel blades and fork: This Electric knife features reciprocating serrated blades that create even slices and the included Fork is handy for carving and serving.
- Ergonomic Handle: Designed to fit comfortably in either hand, The Electric carving knife handle is designed for Comfort and gives you better control no matter what you’re cutting.
- Space-saving storage case included: The Electric knife includes a storage case to keep the knife, blade and fork protected and easily accessible in 1 convenient place.
- Great crafting knife: Can be used as a foam cutter in craft and DIY projects.
- High-carbon stainless steel blade-It is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that maintains its functionality for a long time. And to boost its sturdiness, the steel contains 0.6-0.75 carbon. This makes it two times as hard as other knives in its class as they contain about 0.3% carbon
- Multi-functional knife-The gyutou knife is classified and designed to be multipurpose knife for professional applications .It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones. It comes with a HRC( Rockwell Hardness Scale) of 56-58 which makes it among the tough knives in its class
- Ergonomic pakka handle-To make it more professional and minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches after holding it continuously for an extended time the knife's handle is made from Pakka. This is material that originates from Africa and its known for its comfort, strength and stability
- Ultra-sharp edge-Sharpness is key to achieving the best cuts and this is evident in the knife's blade which is quite sharp and will remain this way even after tough tasks such as cutting tough meat or removing flesh from bones. The sharpness is further boosted by use of the latest German engineering
- Corrosion and stainless blade-In addition to carbon, 16-18% chrome is also included in the blade's metal composition. This gives its a glossy finish which will not tarnish even after using it for a long time
- BETTER AND SAFER USE - The knife is made out of 4116 german steel, hight carbon steel, with a top-edge technology that allows the blade to be durable and sharp at the same time. This is important for your safety. Stiff blades can snap during more complex procedures like deboning meat. Therefore it can be used as a boning knife, cutting meat, but also vegetables.
- PROTECT YOUR BELONGINGS - While it is great to have a knife that cuts like a razor, we all know how frustrating it can be to see your drawer or bags scratched or pierced by the knife. This is why you will find that the bonus seath that comes with the blade is the perfect accessory to help you carry it around.
- MULTI-PURPOSE-ACQUISITION - This is not just another filleting knife! This meat knife will help you create fillets, debone and peel the grease or skin off the meat. Also, with the serrated part of the knife you can easily clean fish scales or cut hard materials like frozen meat and fish, rope or even wood.You don't need the fish cleaning kit. When you go fishing, take this fish fillet knife kit.
- BETTER BLADE CONTROL - Made of special synthetic alloys for a 50% lighter-than-usual handle and covered with a non-slip polymer thick coating and curved termination for the handle of this knife will offer you the benefit of a firm and comfortable grip, easy handling and a better precision of your cuts.
- ADVANTAGE ON YOUR SIDE - While the 30 day return period in case you are not satisfied is guaranteed, we always strive to do better. That’s why we can guarantee that our team will always be there to solve any issues you may encounter and to offer added value even after your purchase.
- ❤[Professional Chef Knife] -- Bravedge professional chef knife is made from high quality stainless steel providing extraordinary performance and edge retention. The food-grade metallic paint offers a beautiful glossy finish to prevent the knife from rusting, corroding and sticking and it ensure the surface not fade or tarnish even after long-term tough tasks. The chef knife is specialized in home and restaurant kitchen
- ❤[Unrivaled Performance] -- Compared with other knives, the unique design and craftsmanship of the kitchen knife reduces drag and minimizes stuck on food. The razor sharp and durable chef knife is perfect when cutting , dicing , slicing , chopping vegetable, fruit, meat, cheese, herbs etc. It is the best companion for your stress-free cooking time
- ❤[Sturdy & Ergonomic] -- The chef knife is well balanced and combined with an ergonomic wood grain handle. It offers a secure and comfortable grip fits your palm with finger guard to reduce any hand fatigue.The chef knife is also dishwasher safe and easy to clean and will accompany you with the long-lasting usage
- ❤[Protective Sheath & Enough Long Sharp Blade] -- This kitchen knife comes with a protective sheath. After cleaning, you can wear its sheath. Reducing the dangerous hurt from sharp knife. We also leave a safe distance of 0.39" on the bottom of blade which doesn't grind. This design protects your finger from hurting your hand. The length of knife is 8", longer than other knives. Old saying: “The longer, the less work, the labor-saving.”
- ❤[Noble Box for Gift] -- With beautiful box, you can sent it as business/birthday/festivel gift. A 60-day money reback and exchange warranty and long life time after-sale service. For any product problem, please don't hesitate to email us directly. We are ready to offer you the most satisfying solution at any time
- Particular Design - Hand forged boning knife is a little heavier than general kitchen knife, but no need to worry about the weight, the superbly balanced and the extra weight simply makes the cutting more pleasure and ease.
- Portable Sheath - The cleaver knife is attached a well made protective leather belt sheath. You can wear it on your belt when using outdoors for easy carrying and easy access. In order to preventing the knife falling out from the sheath, the sheath may be a little tight.
- Premium Quality - The thick and sturdy blade is made of carbon steel. The steel is extremely hard and makes the blade really sharp. Curved wood handle is comfortable and easy to hold. The full tang structure handle, which is different from general chef knife welding handle, will not break after long-term use.
- This multi-purpose boning knife would be a good choice for kitchen, camping, barbecue, hunting or hiking. This chefs butcher knife can easily handle your daily tasks of slicing, dicing and mincing by cutting chicken, lame chops, steaks, vegetables and fruits.
- Guarantee - We ensure that our boning knife will meet your expectation. We also provide 12-month warranty for quality-related issues, 30-day money back guarantee for any reason and friendly customer service. Perfect for collection and also a great gift for your family, friend or yourself.
- Menacing Design, Exceptional Craftsmanship: Designed from the ground up to be as sleek, aggressive and muscular looking as they are effective, the Dalstrong Shadow Black Series stands out from the pack. They’re not simply cutting-edge, high-performance tools; they're a statement about who you are and your unique sense of style as a chef.
- Astonishing Performance: A ruthlessly sharp scalpel-like edge is hand finished by expert bladesmiths to 15° per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method. Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness and flexibility. Each Shadow Black Series blade receives a Titanium Nitride non-reflective coating, improving robustness, corrosion resistance and enhancing non-stick properties. Crafted from a single piece of steel, each hand polished blade is full-tang for maximum durability.
- Striking angles, Life-Long Durability: A midnight black ergonomic, fiber-resin and military grade G10 handle is nearly impervious to heat, cold and moisture. The handle geometry is uniquely designed to tuck snuggly into your palm, giving you a firm grasp regardless of the grip style you use. A hand-polished spine is smooth and comfortable to the touch while the G10 handle is slightly textured to provide anti-slip properties.
- Dalstrong Shadow Black Series Power: Featuring high-carbon 7CR17MOV-X super-steel with an added vacuum heat treatment at 58+ HRC which allows for extraordinary performance and edge retention. Unforgettable styling, sophistication and functionality, sure to turn heads in any kitchen. Each blade comes with a matching black space-saving sheath. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified.
- Dalstrong Trust: Rocksolid 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why over 250,000 chef's around the world trust and love, 'The Dalstrong Difference'. Dalstrong luxury gift box packaging make Dalstrong knives an excellent gift for yourself or others. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and premium materials. Peak performance has never looked so good at this price. Barbecuers unite, this one’s for you. The Gladiator Series 8” Pitmaster knife is thoughtfully designed with a personal nod to our loyal BBQ community. A one-of-a-kind design, this blade features a unique forked front end, ideal for flipping meat directly on the grill, and for transferring foods.
- This 8” blade is full-tang, imported high-carbon ThyssenKrupp German steel with a hand sharpened edge to 14-16 degrees. Precisely tempered and stain resistant, with a scalpel-sharp blade edge ideal for slicing, butchering and serving all of your favourite meats; from tomahawk steaks to briskets, ribs, roasts, poultry, fish and more. Glide through your award winning bbq with ease and keep all the juices inside with 14 thoughtfully designed shallow dimples that minimize suction and stuck-on foods.
- Award winning design, with satisfying heft, premium materials and quality feel. Ultra-premium G-10 handle is military grade with life-long durability. Carefully hand polished, the ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior hand control, agility and comfort. Hand-polished blade spine for smooth handling.
- This knife is engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. An added bonus, enjoying a cold one while grilling has never been more convenient, with the added bottle opener on the spine of the blade. National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) certified.
- See why over seventy-five thousand professional chefs and home cooks love and trust the DALSTRONG DIFFERENCE. 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free, we know you'll love it!
- WELL-DESIGNED BONING KNIFE: This petty kitchen knife is a multifunctional kitchen cutlery. PAUDIN boning knife is built to ensures de-boning, preparing, filleting, skinning, trimming and butterflying all your favorite meats is not only easier but more efficient and satisfying. It truly is an ideal Gift for any Home or Professional Cook.
- PREMIUM MATERIAL: This professional meat knife is made from high-quality German stainless steel. The Premium stainless steel with good rust-resistance, wear-resistance corrosion resistance and long-lasting performance. And the special waved pattern blade is particularly and strikingly (5Cr15MoV stainless steel kitchen knives, not real Damascus).
- RAZOR SHARP EDGE: The narrow edge is honed by hands at 15 cutting degrees per side shows minimal slicing resistance and extreme performance. And the cutting core reaches at 56+ Rockwell Hardness. This flexible fish knife is a cost-effective knife that suitable for skinning fish and trimming meat with the flexible blade, provide a most comfortable cooking experience.
- ERGONOMIC PAKKAWOOD HANDLE: The blade of the fillet knife is integrated with the soft and comfortable handle, creating the perfect grip; The ergonomics shape enables the right balance between the handle and the thin blade, ensuring ease of movement.
- TRUSTED PAUDIN QUALITY: We offer 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK policy against defects, try it risk free. For any problems, please contact us and we will reply you immediately to solve all of your worries.
- A Dalstrong culinary revolution combining outstanding and award-winning craftsmanship, cutting-edge breakthrough technology, awe-inspiring design, and the absolute best materials available. Peak performance never looked so good at this price.
- Unrivalled Performance: Ruthlessly sharp scalpel like edge is hand finished within a staggering 8-12°degree angle per side. Nitrogen cooled for enhanced harness, flexibility and corrosion resistance. Full tang for superb robustness and triple riveted for even more resilience.This lengthy blade offers surprising versatility and is suitable for a variety of tasks, including carving roasts, slicing BBQ, shawarma, salmon, prepping large fruits and vegetables such as squash, pumpkin and watermelon.
- Dalstrong Power: Ultra sharp AUS-10V Vacuum Treated Japanese super steel cutting core at 62+ Rockwell hardness for extraordinary performance and edge retention. 66 layers of premium high-carbon stainless steel for exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance. This uniquely designed slicer features a slightly curved belly, and a more narrow tip, affording unexpected maneuverability for the length.
- Engineered to Perfection: Ultra-premium G-10 handle is impervious to heat, cold and moisture. Military grade with life-long durability. Handpolished ergonomic handle shape is engineered for superior hand control, agility and comfort. Create beautifully long, thin, uniform slices without tearing or shredding in one easy, single stroke.
- Dalstrong Trust: We know you'll love it! 100% SATISFACTION OR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, try it risk free. LIFETIME WARRANTY against defect. Renowned Dalstrong customer service. See why chef’s, butchers, bakers, culinary students and home cooks around the world trust and love, ‘The Dalstrong Difference’. Now you are slicing with POWER. Dalstrong POWER!
The Best Knife for Slicing Through the Meats
Some of the most common kitchen knives best suited for cutting meat are:
- The Chef’s Knife. This multi-purpose knife is designed to perform well at many different kitchen tasks, rather than excelling at one in particular.
- The Boning Knife. This knife has a sharp point and a narrow blade. Designed exclusively for meat (although it has other skills, it is used for removing meat from bones.
- The Carving Knife. A carving knife is a large knife used to slice thin cuts of meat, and it usually comes with a serrated edge.
- The Cleaver. A large, often rectangular knife used for heavy-duty jobs, like breaking down beef.
- The Bread Knife. This knife comes with a serrated edge designed to cut through bread and soft-shelled fruits without damaging or crushing them. Depending on how it’s designed, it can also be used in place of a carver.
- Utility Knife. This knife usually measures between the size of a chef’s knife and a paring knife and serves as a multipurpose tool in the kitchen.
These knives all have their specific purposes in the kitchen. With a better understanding of each type, you’ll be slicing up different kinds of meat in no time. We at AllBoutReview tries to provide out the most valuable information and this time it is about the best knife for cutting meat.
Slicing Vs. Carving Knives: What’s the Difference?
Each knife in your kitchen should have a different purpose. As you may have noticed, some of my favorite knives listed above are more suited towards slicing versus carving and vice versa.
Here are the main differences between the two so you can ensure you get the perfect blade for your kitchen.
Slicing knives are characterized by being very long, thin, and narrow blades. They either have a pointed or rounded tip and are often more flexible than carving knives. You can also use slicing knives to prepare vegetables, fruits, and fish along with slicing meat.
However, you wouldn’t use slicing knives to cut through bones as they are not sturdy enough to be used for that.
Carving knives have a much more rigid blade that is usually thicker and heavier for extra stability. The tip of these knives is curved and pointed, designed to cut the meat away from the bone. You’d use these knives to carve poultry and roasts, but their heavy-duty construction makes them somewhat limited to this purpose.
In general, carving knives are much sturdier and thicker than slicing knives and can, therefore, be used to carry out more intense cutting tasks.
On the converse, slicing knives are more flexible and their lightweight, narrow nature makes them somewhat of a flexible preparation tool.
How a Knife’s Shape Affects its Performance
When picking out a proper knife for your kitchen, it’s important to understand exactly how the different physical features will alter its performance. The edge and blade shape, as well as the thickness of the knife, all contribute to a particular tool’s niche.
- Thickness: In general, the thicker the blade, the stronger it is. For example, you should see a thicker blade on a carving knife than a slicing knife. However, stronger is not necessarily better. Thinner blades allow for more flexibility and more precise cuts and are generally better all-purpose knives. It’s easier to slice with thin blades, which is why slicing knives characteristically have long, narrow, blades.
- Edge: The knife’s edge is essentially correlated with the concept of thickness, however, it’s important to consider the two parameters independently as you could have an overall thick blade with a thin edge or vice versa. In general, thinner edges, or knives with more pointed, skinny tips, are used for more precise cutting but lack the strength and control of knives with less curved, thicker edges.
- Blade Shape: Perhaps the most distinguishing characteristic of knives is the overall blade shape. Note that this parameter incorporates edge and thickness variations, but also serves as a quick thing to look out for when picking out your knife.
- Knives are generally shaped according to the curve of their intended purpose. For example, carving knives and cleavers are generally straight-edged to produce the cleanest, straight cut possible when cutting through meat. You’ll find that all-purpose and slicing knives have more of a curve to them to produce a more precise cut that aligns with the particular knife stroke of the chef.
Other Things to Consider When Buying a Knife for Cutting Meat
Picking out a proper meat-cutting knife can be difficult. Here are a few additional things to look out for when picking out the perfect knife for your home.
- Maintenance: Is your prospective hand-wash only? Or is it also dishwasher safe? While you should always shoot to hand-wash and dry your knives, sometimes this feature is helpful in a pinch, especially if you live in a busy household.
Moreover, some knives are more prone to rusting or wear and tear due to water damage. Make sure you include this factor in your research to ensure you have the tools you need to keep your knife in tip-top shape.
- Weight: Knives have varying degrees of weight which alters their purpose accordingly. Generally speaking, heavier knives are stronger and can cut without a lot of power on the user’s end. However, lighter knives are built for precision and are often easier to operate for beginners.
- Storage and Safety: If you’re going to invest in a high-quality knife, you’re going to want to make sure you have adequate storage. It is never recommended to store knives loosely in a utensil drawer.
Instead, look for a proper knife block or magnetic knife strip. If possible, look for knives that include custom sheaves or blade covers, especially for unusually sized tools.
Storage is especially important if you live in a house with young children. You’re going to want to make sure that these knives are stored properly and out of reach from any potential hazards.
- Kit versus Individual Pieces: Consider whether or not you’re looking for a full kit or if you’d like to get an individual piece. If you’re a beginner looking to get a bevy of knives for a number of purposes, a kit might be the more cost-effective option.
However, acquiring a set one knife at a time allows for more flexibility and ensures that each piece you bring in has a specific purpose catered to your needs.
- Grip Comfort: Grip comfort is a significant factor especially in multi-purpose knives or knives you use pretty often on a daily basis. Make sure you’re selecting a knife that feels comfortable while cutting or remaining stagnant.
Many of these knives have money-back guarantees, so be sure to take advantage of this factor should you feel at all uneasy about the grip of your newly acquired knife.
- Knife Balance: In general, high-quality knives have a proper level of weight distribution. If your handle is significantly heavier than your blade, you may want to reconsider your knife. A well-balanced knife should feel sturdy during use and will contribute to more precise cutting.
- Proper Knife Sharpening: As you should with any knife, make sure you have the proper tools to sharpen your new tool. Make sure to invest in a knife sharpener to keep your knives in tip-top shape.
In general, you should sharpen your knives every 4 or so uses, or whenever you notice it is beginning to dull. Note that this general guideline will vary from knife to knife, so try your best to handle each tool independently.
Last update on 2021-05-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API