Top 10 Best Pool Cover Pump – Review & Buying Guide
You may have purchased a pool already but you are missing a very important thing. Here are the best Pool Cover Pump with review and buying guide to make your search easier. If you been using it in the past then it will be easy to reach a decision.
Fortunately, you can use a piece of equipment called a pool cover pump, which works tirelessly to keep your pool cover in tip-top condition. (Even through those cold winter months, so you don’t even need to step outside.)
Our team at allboutreview reviews every single product we post here so that you make a choice and won’t regret it later. Here is a list of cover pumps:
- WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
- Pumps Away 350 GPH Submersible Swimming Pool Winter Cover Pump
- Little Giant APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V
- FibroPRO Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump (600 GPH)
- Homasy 400GPH Submersible Pump 25W Fountain Water Pump with 5.9ft Power Cord, 2 Nozzles for Aquarium, Fish Tank, Pond, Statuary, Hydroponics
- List of Best Pool Cover Pump
- Pool Cover Pump – Reviewed
- 1. WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
- 2. Pumps Away 350 GPH Submersible Swimming Pool Winter Cover Pump
- 3. Little Giant APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V
- 4. FibroPRO Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump (600 GPH)
- 5. Homasy 400GPH Submersible Pump 25W Fountain Water Pump with 5.9ft Power Cord, 2 Nozzles for Aquarium, Fish Tank, Pond, Statuary, Hydroponics
- Types of Pool Cover Pump
List of Best Pool Cover Pump
No products found.
Pool Cover Pump – Reviewed
An absolute great product by Wayne Water Systems. Talking about this model in particular, it uses iSwitch technology which makes the machine itself on and off. It is user friendly as you do not need to monitor it every time.
The pump will never clog, and will not tip over; this is because it contains strainer base filters. You do not need to worry about the problem of debris. Most of the products consume a lot of energy but it is opposite in the case of Wayne Pool Cover Pump. You will get high water flow.
iSwitch technology also makes this model freeze protected automatically. Such features being provided makes the life of this product a bit longer than others. No more worry about water overflowing as it will turn off by self.
Draining water away from pool is easy as well with this pool cover pump by Pumps Away. It is designed to remove water from pool cover. Talking about the durability of this product which is very good as it is 100% submersible.
You can use it with a standard garden hose, because it can always hook on to that. With the standard garden hose, you can use the pump to remove in ground swimming pool, well water, and ponds and so on. Even if the water is within an inch of the pool cover this product will remove it.
This little product can drain at least three hundred and fifty gallons of water easily. Energy consumption is very low and we recommend it personally. It is worth your money.
As the name is stating, Little Giant has introduced this wonderful gadget in the market which can be used for different purposes. The main function of removal of water in your pool cover will remain and and it can also be used for different water transfer applications.
We love the products which has variety of features and makes the customer really happy. Little Giant also features a removable intake screen which makes it good for maintenance as well as easy cleaning. An inbuilt handle makes it very easy to use.
The pool cover pump is automatic as it has an integrated as well as reliable automatic operations. Furthermore, it is protective, as it protects as well as safeguard your pool cover from dangers posed by snow and accumulated rain.
If you don’t want to use the automatic version, there is a manual version of the same pump. It is completely upto you on which model is perfect for you but a standard garden hose is required for water removal.
Here is a great gadget which is meant for both above and underground pools. The model is lightweight, durable and efficient. As some cover pump puts weight on your pool cover, it will not happen with this featherweight pump.
Talking about the power usage and cord length. It has a sixteen-foot cord which you need to plug into a standard 110 wall outlet volt. No more worries about cleaning good depth pools. The drainage hose will reach the depths easily and remove the water.
Most importantly, the product is safe to use, as it is UL listed for safety.
It is not going to take a lot of your time in setting this thing up because of the simple design. FibroPool designed it for the fastest pool water drainage. We recommend it!
5. Homasy 400GPH Submersible Pump 25W Fountain Water Pump with 5.9ft Power Cord, 2 Nozzles for Aquarium, Fish Tank, Pond, Statuary, Hydroponics
Homasy 400GPH is the last product in our list of pool cover pump. It has several great features which we are about to discuss now. The model uses an adjustable knob to control water flow. This is sufficient as it can deliver the type of water pressure you deserve.
The product is designed with two nozzles and has strong power. Talking about the flow rate of the product is 400GPH. Stability is an important feature of this product because of the threaded fittings. In addition to that, the product is durable and corrosion-resistant.
Why you need a pool cover pump?
Dirt and debris accumulates in the pool at an alarming rate every day. Therefore, it is important to clean swimming pool water regularly. Invest in a good swimming pool cover that will protect your pool water from rain and pollution, monitor the temperature and prevent evaporation all at the same time.
- Opening your pool: Not only does using a pool cover pump mean less mess to clean up at opening time, but it also means not having to worry about dirty water falling into the pool when removing the cover itself.
- Closing your pool: Most people don’t consider the fact that a pool cover pump can be useful in closing your pool, particularly because you can use it to lower the water level for proper winterization.
- Protect your cover: Debris, snow and frozen water can damage your cover, and any water build up could attract birds. You’d be surprised how quickly a bird beak can pierce your cover.
- Protect your pool: Without a pool cover pump working it’s magic, your pool is likely to overfill which puts stress on the walls. If you value your investment, this is something you’ll definitely want to avoid.
Types of Pool Cover Pump
There are mainly of two types – manual and automatic. Let’s dive straight into the difference between these two and how you could select one for yourself by keeping all these things in your mind.
You know very well the functioning of cover pump but in the case of automatic pump, you don’t need to keep on checking it after a certain period of time. The word AUTOMATIC solves your problem single-handedly.
If you love to keep on moving inside-out of your house without any problem then you can opt the manual pump. The best thing about automatic pumps are they know how to work and when to stop. They don’t provide any kind of potential damage to the cover.
We have already discussed about the types and why you need one. Now, it’s time to talk about some things you need to keep in mind while making a choice for pool cover pump. Beginning with:
Type – Is it Manual or Automatic?
From my personal view, I would go with an automatic pump because it is going to save my lot of time and also no need to worry about my cover. Opinions may differ and you can go with the manual as well, according to your requirement.
If you are facing some money shortage and your pool doesn’t require much maintenance. Opt for Manual!
Flow Rate – How much water could it move?
Big size pools require a pump with higher flow rate which could move the water easily. Pool cover pumps are rated by their maximum flow rate which is referred as gallons per hour(GPH). Perfect can’t be described, it all depends upon the size of your pool.
Small size pools doesn’t require a pump with much higher flow rate.
Durability– How long will this product last?
Don’t go for a cheap brand in the market. If you are willing to spend some money always look for a reputable brand – Wayne, Little Giant. What you will pay is what you will get in return. Spend wisely and see the magic!
We are happy to serve with honest review and buying guide while making a choice on Best Pool Cover Pump. AllBoutReview personally recommend you to choose a product according to your need in this case. According to us, you can go with Little Giant APCP-1700 Automatic Swimming Pool Cover Submersible Pump, 1/3-HP, 115V.
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API